How many people do you usually buy for at Christmas?

I sat down and made out a list of everyone I have to buy for this year and it's 57 people. Of course some of those people will be coupled together since they're married/dating and they can get a gift together. I have such a big family.

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• Just my SO and my kids. Don't really have the money for everyone else. Though I do send Christmas cards out to everyone.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• 2 kids, mom and dad, DH mom and dad, 2 nieces and the secret Santa from work. I would love to buy more but we just can't afford it. In fact moms and dads may get shorted this year to...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Let's see: My kids=3, my SO=4, My neices=6, My SIL/BFF=7, My sister and BIL=9. That's it. Actually last year the adults didn't even get each other anything.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• lol, i just buy for people who i am close to. i have a big family too, but i only buy for 1 cousin (and just her kid, not her and her husband). so for me it's just 11 people. i also don't buy for my sister's boyfriend because i don't like him that much lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• About 15, which is mostly neices and nephews. I think christmas gifts are mostly for children.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My 3 kids, My parents, hubby's parents, My brother, my sister and my niece and nephew. My husband does not exchange with his siblings and their kids because he has 4 siblings and we have 8 nieces and nephews. It jsut got to be too expensive for everyone.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I buy for my 2 kids, my mom, stepdad, mil, best friend, best friend's mom, whoever I get from the name draw at Christmas on my side, and whichever child's name I draw on DH's side. There are just too many grandkids at this point to be buying for everyone. 11 grandkids now - it was decided last year it would be better to buy 1 child something really nice for $30 than buy every child something for $5. So on average, 9-10 people.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Too many freaking people, ha! We are supposed to pull out of the hat this year and just buy for who we pull (plus the kids), but doubt that's gonna happen. But since we are going to hardly have any money, I'm not planning to buy for anyone but my son and nephews, and probably a gift for my niece's 2nd baby that's due in January.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I used to do about 50 something I just couldn't afford it with all the grandkids coming so we buy for our 6 kids and 12 grandkids only 2 of the kids are married so just 2 of their spouses, my mom and dad & stepdad but I'm combining my mom & step dads this yr and secret santa at work, and us 2 , I have a friend in here that I send stuff to and then of course the boss and my helpers
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We buy for the kids (5), each other, and our parents. The family is so big, it's just too expensive to buy presents for everyone.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2010