Is there a difference if my medication was labled "sertraline HCL" and now that i changed pharmacy's it just says "sertraline"?

I was getting my medication(zoloft for postpartum depression, but the generic version sertraline) filled at riteaid for the last few months, but then suddenly medicade doesn't cover my prescriptions, so i decided to try switching to walmart since it was like $60 to pay out of pocket(and by the way, it was only 5 at walmart!!!) and i wasn't taking them like i should because it was so expensive, so anyway i just got my prescription filled at walmart yesterday and the pills look different, the ones from riteaid are oblong and the ones from walmart are more oval, even through they are the same strength, so i was looking at the label and the riteaid vial says "Sertraline HCL 100mg tablet" and the walmart vial says "sertraline 100MG tablet" so does the fact that is doesn't say HCL make any difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Health

• it is probably just the difference in the pharmaceutical companies.. i was taking the zoloft 100mg.. and got them filled at walmart... and they were yellow and oval.
    johnsonata

Answer by johnsonata at 3:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Call the pharmacy and ask them. It could be a mistake, or lazy typing on the pharmist's part. Ide check tobe sure.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2008