ok so i was wondering is it true you cant get your nails done after a certain month or week in pregnancy or can you go get them done fix or filled up untill your due date

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my son which was back in 2004 I always got my nails done. Even on the day I was induced.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i had mine done the entire time..and my haircolor was kept up, as well. plus, i worked in a salon doing color/chemicals 8-10hrs/day right up to my 38th week.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i will say this, if you are a candidate for C-S, you will probably be advised to either not wear polish, or just have the french tips..its a common surgical-preference/policy.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• that sounds like a myth, i wouldn't live in that place though bc the fumes are bad
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I too got mine done several times during pregnancy. I've heard breathing in the chemicals they use, is harmful...but I'd imagine that's if you were to go all the time. I'd recommend wearing a mask, like they wear when they do your nails.
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 7:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I had my nails done throughout my pregnancy. My OB said it was fine. My nail tech worked up until she delivered, she always wore a mask.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• As long as the salon has proper ventilation and is not using illegal products (extremely toxic chemicals) you and baby will be fine.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You nails are fine what they are talking about is a pedi. You shouldn't get a pedi when you are in your third trimester because there are pressure points in your ankles that *may* cause contractions. When I was in week 41 I went straight to the salon to get a pedi hoping it would kick off labor but no such luck!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• WHENEVER.
    chriskris

Answer by chriskris at 10:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010