when did you start giving juice to your child?

my sister was wondering if it was okay to give her child juice who was only 3-4 weeks old

cntsmommy

Asked by cntsmommy at 7:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• no, that's too young unless they are really constipated and the dr. tells you to give some watered down prune juice. i didn't start until 6 months old. 3 or 4 weeks is way too young
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would say closer to 4-6 months. They don't ever 'need' it. Mine didn't get it until 10 months or so. The nit was like once a week in a cup.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i think he was like three months old and i always dilute it. i put it in a sippy with hand grips
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I started giving apple juice around 4 months. I think a couple weeks old is a little too young.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No way! 6 months is the soonest, later if at all possible. My oldest hated juice til she was almost 2. The soonest I introduced it was 6 months but none of my kids drank much til they were over a year old.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• if she is constipated you can water an ounce down, but that would be the only reason to give juice to a baby under 1. I woud stick with the Gerber Juices and really water it down well. Its not good for developing teeth and never put to bed with a bottle.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We introduced juice at 3 (years), as an occasional treat.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No thats TOO young!!! After 7 months old is ok if you cut it in half with water. My kids couldnt drink apple juice till they were over 3, no matter how much water I added. It ran right through them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2010