Is this guy moving to fast???

We have only been dating for a week only knew each other for 2 weeks and he is saying stuff like i miss you, i care about you, i want you and your child in my life...he wanted me to meet his mom the first night we went out, and he keeps asking if he can come in and meet my mom (my child and I live with my mom) Yes my child has met him he always wanting to buy her stuff everytime we go out. He went to her school orientation with me people might say he is just trying to get some but really would he try that hard???? I really do like him too

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• he wouldn't try that hard, i promise. you could let him meet your mom and still withhold sex and see how long it takes him to crack but i would just do what comes naturally to you.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• OH BOY....for me, that's a turn off. I can't stand guy's that come on too strong or seem clingy and needy. I'm sorry not trying to offend you at all!! To each their own I guess. If you really don't mind....then hope it works out, but clearly this rubs you the wrong way in some way because your asking this question. I personally think he is TOO interested and I'd keep my eye open for an underlying reason. Or maybe he's been without someone for a long time, and is dying for a serious relationship. But another thing that bothers me about this, is that he doesn't even really know you that well...yet he's able to get so attached so fast, those are signs of possible issues...mental issues. Not saying he's crazy I mean bipolar disorder, depression, controlling...most men start out being TOO interested and become controlling etc. I hope not in this case if you truly like him! Good Luck.
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 7:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i agree with aidansmyheart i've had relationships that started like that, one of them ended in a thirteen month restraining order and the relationship ITSELF lasted all of four weeks...scary. If you're comfortable with it go with the flow but I would be careful. It's tripping triggers in my brain though
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• If he is too over excited about being around daughter, he could be a petefile.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I didn't want to say it, but dancinintherain I totally agree!! I was thinking the same thing but was scared I'd be bashed for saying it. That's how they get to kids...they pray on single women and the dote on the mother and child WAY more than what is seemed to be normal for most men. RED FLAGS for sure girl. Just be sure to not leave your daughter alone with him EVER. And also...keep a close eye on everything he say's and does. If he's innocent and just a very loving person you'll know..go with your gut..but if you too feel there's something not right about his attn he has alrd put on you so soon...then end it now, or it could get worse!
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 7:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• This sends up two major red flags for me. One men who are into that much that quick usually end up being very controlling and often abusive. That is how they get you. Since you have a child in the mix there is also the issue of possible pedophile too and buying gifts for her and what not really send up flags for me there. Most states you can check to see if he is a registered sex offender on the state police website.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would definitely start backing away from this guy. He is WAY too into you guys for this early on. You may take it as flattering,but this is controlling behavior. Next thing he'll be saying that he wants to spend every minute with you and why do you have to see friends/family and not spend every spare hour you have with him. Get out before it gets ugly!!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2010