What are the symptoms of a yeast infection? adult content

Just wondering....what are the symptoms and do you know of any at home remedies? I have itching and (tmi) white clumps almost every time I wipe. Is this a yeast infection or something else? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Health

• That's a yeast infection! I don't know any natural remedies. It's fungal so it really needs to be treated and you can give it to SO if you have sex.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Itching and whitish discharge that resembles cottage cheese are the symptoms of a yeast infection. Diflucan is the easiest way to get shut of it, but here's the tricky thing--Your sexual partner may need to be treated as well, and he may not know he's a carrier of yeast because with me, a yeast infection can be asymptomatic.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Sounds like a yeast infection to me. I always get very itchy! I've been told that eating yogurt helps but I think if you have one that bad then you need to get some Vagisil. It helps almost instantly but you have to use it for 3-7 days depending on the kind you get.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• There is a over the counter pill called AZO yeast that sometimes helps me also I have eating yogurt and it has helped. If you are not certain thats what it is you need to see your doctor because there are other infections that have alot of the same symptoms.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• get plan yogert and put on u dwn there it will wrk
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:50 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• over the counter treatments have always worked fine for me. i have found that if i cut sugar out of my diet at the first signs of itchiness, then i can avoid a yeast infection. once i have one though, it seems i end up using a treatment like monistat.
    you could get yourself a women's formula probiotic. take extra now, and then take one a day for the rest of your life! it is great stuff!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010