Effacement?

OK I am taking EPO internally at night. We also walk a mile to a mile and a half 4 times a week.. And of course since I live in an upstairs apt so I get a lot of exercise and we also still have sex plus a bunch of strong contractions, all of this working together should help with effacement right? I am already 1cm but had no effacement.. I am just wondering if all of this will help. I am 38 weeks too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It will happen when it happens nothing will change it. You can be dilated to 0 and not effaced and go into labor or I walked around for 2 weeks 80% effaced and at 2.5 cm..
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• LOL! You sound very determined to have this baby enter into the world!
    I think everything you are dong is great...and a great way to pass the time too!
    Here soon I will probably be going crazy and doing about the same thing..I'm 36 weeks and SO READY to have this baby.
    But I have to tell ya..after this being my 3rd pregnancy..I've come to the understanding that baby will come when baby is ready, no matter what ya do to help it along.
    But keep doing what your doing...as long as its not too much.
    Good Luck, Congratualtions..and Hang in there! Baby will be here soon!!!! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• well efacement is just the thinning of the cervix so that might not happen till your more like 4 or 5 cm but it all depends on how the baby is sitting on the cervix and like but_mommie said it'll happen when it happens dont be in a rush

momof3_wi

Answer by momof3_wi at 8:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Baby will come when baby is ready!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010