can you have intercourse if you have a bladder infection, but you are on antibiotics

I am like sooo in the mood lol. DH and I haven't had it, but maybe 1 time in 3 weeks lol. The reason is cause he had a really bad cold he was having a hard time breathing and then I started my period I got off of it then I got an infectin lol. I went yesterday to the dr got my meds first dose was yesterday so today is day 2 of them. I have a bad infection yesterday it hurt and burned to pee I was even bleeding now today I am a better. Can I have inercourse while I have the infection and I feel up to it or do I have to wait until it goes away completely like after the meds?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Health

• Not a good idea if you had such a bad infection you were bleeding. You may not have to wait until all done but you just started antibiotics.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I don't see why not but I'm not a doctor or even a nurse.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes. I would advise the use of condoms though so the infection doesn't spread to him. But really it shouldn't because it's a bladder infection not a vaginal infection. Unless he uses the wrong hole it shouldn't affect him. Safety first just in case.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• The smart answer is check with your doctor. However, I would think it would be fine as long as it doesn't hurt and you don't start to bleed. I liked the idea of a condom so he doesn't get infected and give it back to you.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• yes you can still have sex..... but i would use a condom for two reasons 1. birth control is greatly decrease when on medication especially antibiotics 2. you do have a slim but really chance of giving it to him I also had a very similar experience and a speciality really helped

lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• sure, it snot contagious. Try to pee first so you wont be too uncomfortable.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i would not
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2010