Laboring Alone? Please Help!!!!

My husband just left for iraq. I am planning on a natural, non- medicated birth. We were told he would be able to stay, but if you know the army, they lie out their butt. My question is Who would be the best substitute for my husband, while i am in labor? Who am i not going to feel awkward to lean and moan up against? I have NO idea how i am going to do this by myself without my husband there to support me and give me words of encouragement! by the way i am due in 3 weeks

Married12Kevin

Asked by Married12Kevin at 7:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• how about a family member or a real good friend. when my SIL had her 2nd child my brother was deployment. So me and her bff was in the room. also her dad drove from NY to help her with her other child. aonther thing is i know alot of military hospitals have a support team for women who's hubby's are deployed. its just a group of women who are with you while your in labor and to help you with what ever you need.
    marinewife52704

Answer by marinewife52704 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Is your mom nearby? Do you have a sister or a best friend? You can also hire a doula.
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Are you close with your mother? Another family member, or maybe a close firend? You're probably not going to care who is in there with you, to be honest but I know you what that moral support. I wanted my mom and DH in there with me, but then I had to have a c-section (b/c I wouldn't dilate past 2 cm's) so only DH was allowed in the operating room.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i agree with christina8 when I was in labor my mom was the biggest help my husband sat in a recliner and fell asleep and didnt wake up till they were wheeling me down the hall for an emergency c-section (he had worked the nigth before)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i hated the tought of havin my mom in the room but trust me once the pains start you want mommy lol.
    Anonymous

• My sister had me and my grandmother (my mom was hauling from out of state and made it there an hour and a half later...) However, with my first, I had my mother, and the last poster was right, all I wanted was my mom!)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 7:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• You'll proble want someone there but you wont worrie when the time comes who it is, no embaressment. I thought i only wanted my bf and not my mom but when i was ready ididn't want my mom to leave and didn't really think about too much.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Can you find a doula or an experienced lamaze or OB nurse who would be willing to help you out with this? www.gonannies.com have doulas and the place you are delivering may have a nurse or lamaze instructor who might be willing to help you out, especially in the circumstances. Make those know and I think you will find more than one willing person. The nanny site will cost you of course. Also, ask local places of worship to see if they have nurses in their congregations that would help you. Any friend or family member you feel could help you and is willing, would do fine. I would feel funny with anyone but my husband or a nurse. Do it quick so you can get to know the person and they can get to know you a bit.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My sister had me and her hubby in the room. And when I have my first bio-logical child I plan on having my husband and sister there. I'm really close with my sister and can't imagine her not being there. If you have a best friend or sister and your mom. That's who I would pick.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Your Mommy or maybe an older sister those were the ones i wanted i wanted them more then i wanted my husband. When they came in and told me that they had to do a c-sec my mom was right there trying to make me feel better i wish she could've been in the room instead.

I had to have my daughter with out my family and i have to have this baby without them. I wish she could be here.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 8:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008