TSS adult content

This may seem like a silly question but honestly, I am truely nervous about this.
I fell asleep last night with a tampon in. I slept for about 7 hours with it. I have never slept with one before and actually JUST started using them.
The thing is, when I woke up and removed it,there was NO blood. Not even a speck. My period ended a few days early.. So it was in 7 hours like that. Should I be concerned with TSS??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Health

• I wouldn't worry about it because many women sleep with them in at night. At the end of my cycle the tampons looked like they were barely used.
    LoveOlivia

Answer by LoveOlivia at 8:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• If you are not having any symptoms like fever yet, I wouldn't worry. I do not sleep with tampons in but have worn them to work for 7 or 8 hours and have never had a problem.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Also, if you're truly concerned, read the pamphlet that comes in the box for symptoms of TSS or look it up online. :)

LoveOlivia

Answer by LoveOlivia at 8:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I sleep with them in all of the time. I think you're ok.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I always sleep with one in... I think you can have them in for 12 hours, however I've had them in longer than that (full day). If you don't have a fever and other symptoms, I wouldn't worry.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I honestly have to say I use only tampons and I sleep with them in regularly. Just make sure that it is a tampon that is meant for if you're like me heavy absorption. if your're not a heavy bleeder then use a lighter one. But no leaving it in for 7 hours while you sleep will not cause TSS.
    MumziePie

Answer by MumziePie at 8:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Um, why would you put in a tampon in if your period had ended a few days earlier?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 8:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You should be fine.
    mochalatta20

Answer by mochalatta20 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• you will be ok. if you had stopped then you dont need to use one
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• no dnt wrry
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 23, 2010