Is it possible to get pregnant while on mirena? adult content

i have a 18 month old so i've done the whole pregnancy thing before but after i had her i got put on mirena and its been going good i've always had periods up until the last 2 months...my nipples are veryy sore and i have had cramps but they dont feel like period cramps they feel like the cramps i had with my first baby...please helpp mee!!!

Courtney16

Asked by Courtney16 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No birth control method is 100% effective, you could get pregnant. If you're concerned, take a test.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Of course it is. Whoever put it in had to have told you that and the problems that could happen including increased chance of tubal pregnancy. No bc is 100%.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It's very rare, but it could happen... however I had the Mirena in for four years and I constantly had preggo symptoms just like what you describe. More than once, I was convinced I was pregnant. And I would bet at least once a day someone posts a question in the Pregnancy or Health sections of CM asking if their symptoms on the Mirena are because they are preggo -- so I highly doubt you are, I think it's just the Mirena.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• okayy so i've also heard that while on mirena home pregnancy test wont work because the mirena throws it off??? is this true? lol i feel soo dumb but i'm only 18 and me and my daughters dad just got married and he's about to leave for the service so this was the last thing we expected and we need to get an answer!
    Courtney16

Comment by Courtney16 (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• can you feel your strings?
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• If pregnancy should occur with Mirena in place, Mirena should be removed. Removal or manipulation of Mirena may result in pregnancy loss. In the event of an intrauterine pregnancy with Mirena, consider the following:

In patients becoming pregnant with an IUD in place, septic abortion—with septicemia, septic shock, and death—may occur.

If a woman becomes pregnant with Mirena in place and if Mirena cannot be removed or the woman chooses not to have it removed, she should be warned that failure to remove Mirena increases the risk of miscarriage, sepsis, premature labor and premature delivery. She should be followed closely and advised to report immediately any flu-like symptoms, fever, chills, cramping, pain, bleeding, vaginal discharge or leakage of fluid.

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/pro/mirena.html#ixzz0xNsfW5PX

Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 8:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes you can
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 8:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Here is a group you might want to consider.  About Mirena

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yeah, you can. And it's MUCH more common than your doctor or the people at Mirena will ever tell you. I got pregant on Mirena. I miscarried that baby last month. A friend of mine miscarried a Mirena baby 3 months ago. So if you even think for a second that you might be pregnant, get medical attention!
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i think if you can feelyour strings give it some time if you cant call your doctor asap
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2010