If you're the one doing the keeping in touch....is that a friendship?

When you feel you're putting in effort.

SlipkCrafts

Asked by SlipkCrafts at 8:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Not much of one
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It is a one sided friendship and that shouldn't be happening
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I think you can be friends with someone and not keep in touch, and when you finally reach out, it's like you never were away....
    I think some people have more time to actively be a friend than others do. I would say if the effort, even just to reach out and say "i'm really busy right now" is better than not responding at all, but it doesn't make them any less of a friend.
    I have a friend who used to DROWNED me with attention and "keeping in touch"....and I just couldn't keep up with it all...
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I hate to say it, but that is how it feels. Maybe she's just not interested or doesn't have time or something. I continue to tell myself to just let it go and not put anymore effort into it, maybe she'll come around again. I'm not a bad person.
    SlipkCrafts

Comment by SlipkCrafts (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You seem to be beating yourself up. Back off a little. You know the saying, Make new friends but keep the old. Make new friends and don't forget the old. She might just have too much on her plate right now. Just let her know that you are there when she is ready. That is being a true friend.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I think that is what I'm doing now. Just letting it slide. Hopefully it will get better again someday.....
    SlipkCrafts

Comment by SlipkCrafts (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010