Would you??? Or wouldn't you?

Now before I go on please let me express that my husband doesn't order me, or expect me to do this, He knows I do it because I want it. & If I dont, then I just dont.

Would you stay up every night until 12 am to make sure the hubby went to work on time? Would you pack his lunch, because you know nothing in towns open at 4am, & by packing is lunch, give him a few extra minutes of sleep?

Now would your hubby do the same?

I have friends that wait on their SO hand & foot. While I dont. If I do something its because I want too, not because I feel I have too, or the SO thinks I should. I dont normally fix his plates at dinner. I might fix him something for breakfast when it comes in from working all night..

I have friends that pick on me bc of this. But to be fair, Im home all day & night & he works.... I dont mind doing it, as long as I know if I went to work he'd do the same. How do you feel about this?

lilmoosesmom

Asked by lilmoosesmom at 8:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I would, but I would do it for the right reasons. Out of the goodness in my heart and the love for my man and all that he does to keep a roof over our heads. Heck, I did that and the laundry, cleaning up the dishes, giving the kids baths, laying out their clothes and packing their bags for day care, when I was working! A little more difficult to keep it in perspective when you got to be out the door and punching a time clock by a certain time. The whole taking care of my man, gets lost in the translation when you work too...lol,,,But, I think its a sweet thing to do, if you want to.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Honestly, yes I probably would, because I am usually still awake at 12 am, so it wouldn't be any different. Would my husband do it for me out of the kindness of his heart b/c he cares for me and wants me to get my sleep and be rested, no probably not.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• when my hubby worked nights I did stuff like that
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I might, just depends. I do things for him so he can earn a few extra minutes getting ready before work, sometimes, if he is running behind, or I'm bored. He also gets my school stuff ready for me though so I don't have to wake up a half hour early, while I'm bathing he is packing me a lunch and getting my bag ready.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Awws...that is so sweet I can be like that sometimes but yes he would do the same to me... Aren't we so lucky ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yeah I did that stuff because I love my husband and because I wanted to. I would hope for the same in return, but chances are that wont happen...so it's kinda died down.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I know he'll do the same for me. The only thing he doesnt do the same for me, is when Im sick he doesn't baby me, Instead he grabs our son & gets out of my hair for the day, or he'll lock me (not really) in the bedroom & make sure Johns out of my hair, he'll wash dishes (& thats about all) & take out the trash.

When I was working nights as a waitress a few years ago, he would do half the housework, (mind you that was the dishes, trash & floors in his eyes) & make me a plate of food when I came home. =)

When I do pack his lunch, ect (which is very night) he always says thank you. When I cook dinner at night, I get thank you. ECt. I see nothing wrong with this, as long as he remembers that I dont have too.

I have friends whos SO's dont even say thank you, or bitch about whats being done for them... It makes me mad, & then to hear these same people pick on me for not doing it... LOL...
    lilmoosesmom

Comment by lilmoosesmom (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I wake up at 4 am with my BF. I make us coffee, I fix his breakfast, pack his lunch, lay out a warm fresh towel for his shower, & pull out his uniform, lay out his socks & undershirt. When he gets home, I have a dinner started, I hand him a glass of fresh ice water, & have already laid out his work out clothes. I fix his plate of food, I will get up & get him another drink if he needs it. The whole ( years. I do it because I LOVE to, not because he MAKES me. He always tells me how much he appreciates me. he never takes me for granted.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 23, 2010