How short is too short??

Is it me, or are tween girls' clothes somewhat grown-ish? I have such a hard time finding skirts and dresses, let alone those that don't show all her stuff! She is almost 12 and thick-built. Who has clothes a young lady can wear that don't make them look like a video-vixen-in-training? Philly area mom needs to know.

69humblepie

Asked by 69humblepie at 8:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• have you tried putting bike shorts under her skirts? I used to do that when i was younger. I think a good young childrens clothing store if you have one, would be Justice, I dont know if it just a store here, but id take my 12 year old shopping there. Or jcpenny, macys, khols, all in the jrs dept. good luck.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• google modest clothing. Really if you look for it, you'll find it. I know what you mean though....the standards of today are slipping!!! It's really sad
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• kids clothes these days are really getting skanky! I have issues with some of the shorty shorts they make for little people! I don't like my 4 yr old wearing shorts that are barely long enough to even have a crotch piece! I buy a lot of capris and long shorts when I can find them! Good Luck on your hunt for appropriate clothing! And always complain when you go somewhere that has less than desireable clothing, maybe if enough of it do it, fashion trends will go back to sweet little girl stuff instead of "Teenage mom" lol
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• try maurices, they have very tasteful clothing
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Tell your daughter that you will meet her half way, let her choose a few things within reason and if you think that something will be too showy, let her know. Giving her a chance to pick out some things that she likes will make shopping easier for the both of you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:30 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• no such thing, people grow to what they grow to
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:27 AM on Aug. 23, 2010