When you make meatloaf...

Do you put it in a loaf pan or do you form it into a loaf shape in a large baking dish? I used to make mine in a regular bread loaf pan... then... I discovered a meatloaf pan from Wilton... it is awesome.... does anyone else have one of these babies?

WoodWitch

Asked by WoodWitch at 8:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have had a meatloaf pan for years, the type with a drain pan inside of a loaf pan to drain the fat away after you bake the meatloaf. It does work well, but I don't use it that often because I prefer to make mini meatloafs, which are easier to drain (I use an extra large cupcake pan for individual meatloafs or mini loaf pans to make a meatloaf for two).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I actually make a turkey loaf wrapped in prosciutto that you sear in a pan.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have loaf pans, but I don't like them. I prefer the free-form loaf.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I cram it into a regular loaf pan. Once it's done baking, I drain the fat off and put the meatloaf on a large serving plate.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I put it in muffin cups and make "mini meatloaf"
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I use a 9x13 and either make a "lump" loaf in the middle or spread it around with a well in the middle (so it cookes a bit faster). A loaf isn't big enough and is a pain to clean IMO, and I don't need a special pan. We love meatloaf ;o).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 9:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I use a regular bread loaf pan. I'd love to get a meat loaf pan, just haven't gotten around to looking yet. And I don't make meat loaf much because I hate having to drain it. I need to get on that.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have a Pyrex loaf pan but I will have to look for the meatloaf specific pan.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:14 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I haven't made a meatloaf in eons, but when I do, I use a loaf pan.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I just use a loaf pan. It's how my mom always did it. I actually do the muffins, too. I usually make 3lbs of meatloaf and put 2lbs in the loaf pan and divide the other pound into a cupcake pan. The muffin ones cook quicker and we eat those for dinner while the loaf is cooking. Then we eat the loaf for leftovers or cut it up for sandwiches.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010