When you Were ttc how long did it take?

did you use an ovulation tesst?? if so how did that work for ya? and does it tell you when you can conceive because when you do your ovulation calender it gives you like a 4-5 day window.. will the test strips do that do or just your most fertile day?

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first, it took a year of not trying but not preventing. My second, it took 3 months of trying and 3 days of trying not to. No ovulation tests, they're pointless for me because my cycles are irregular. Charting cervical mucus and basal body temperature worked just fine for me, with no cost.

The way ovulation kits work is you get a positive (a test line as dark as or darker then the control line) when your LH surges (the hormone that stimulates ovulation). When that occurs, you will usually ovulate within a couple of days, which will be your most fertile time, though there are times when your body may prepare to ovulate and then not for whatever reason, so it's best to chart at least BBT so you know for sure when you've actually ovulated and thus can stop trying for that cycle and just wait on results.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• For my second one it took 3 yrs or so. I didn't use any testing because it seemed like to much work. It also took the joy out of randomly having sex.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Never really tried to conceive, however after a year I did consult a fertility doctor. I was ready to start trying and wanted to be sure I was good to go. Found out my tubes were blocked, so we did a quick procedure to unblock them, and I was pregnant the next month.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:25 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• we tried for over 2 years then seeked out the help of a fertility doc. one month of meds, one ovulation kit and one iui and i was pregnant. the kits can help if your cycles are fairly regular.
    boom_maker

Answer by boom_maker at 6:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010