Would YOU buy a new laptop or battery?

If you had a laptop that has a fried battery and it's going to cost between $100 and $200 to replace it, would you do that or buy a new laptop?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 8:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in

• Do you have the money first off? If you have the money to get the laptop you want and it isn't going to hurt you I would get a new laptop. Life is short and sometimes we need to spoil ourselves. If spending the extra money is going to hurt you then just get the battery. I am looking at getting a new laptop myself. Wal-Mart has pretty good ones. I got mine there back in 06 and its been dropped countless times and I am surprised it still works :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Depends how old s the laptop and what brand is it?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• A new battery since laptops could cost close to a 1000
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It depends on how old the laptop is.... I'm actually using a 12 year old Dell, but I'm plugged in because this old thing doesn't have a wireless card so I'm hardwired to my router. And... it was free...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• depends on how old the laptop is and how much money I have sitting around (which is not very much usually)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It depends on how much I bought the laptop for. If I use that laptop a lot, then I would just get a new battery. =)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 9:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Depends on the laptop. Reglardless of its age, if the laptop still is useable, has good life left in it, and still meets your needs then just buy a new battery.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• In that case I would replace the laptop. I would hold onto the other one and when money allowed replace the battery for the kids or as a back up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• A new battery, so long as there wasn;t any other damage caused by the battery "frying!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Depends on the age of the laptop.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010