Would you come back to me?

If I babysat your child for $15. a day. Then I take a long vacation then when you call me back I charge $30. a day. but you really like me I just feel like there is more to this (the picking up late, the not calling if the child is coming or not, when they r sick some of them bring them to me anyway, just little shit that makes me want tom say no to babysitting or my fee to go up) Venting!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• $30 a day is the going rate in my area for an infant in a licensed home daycare. I would say if you are licensed, etc then it seems reasonable to me. do you have a contract with the parent? It seems unreasonable to me to suddenly double your daily rate, and you will be putting the parent in a tough situation. Regarding the issues you described, chat with the parent about timeliness, etc -- having a contract that outlines your rules (drop-off/pick up times, sick child policy, etc) is vital!!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Um no. $30 a day is more then I would pay for a certified daycare.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You raised your rate 15 dollars after a vacation? That seems kind of ridiculous. Regardless if you were undercharging to begin with or you were at the average, you're going to lose business when you raise your rate. Especially in the span of you going on vacation. Your customers are going to start using you less most likely, because they don't want to pay you more. Nobody does. If they're doing things that you don't approve of in general then you need to be upfront with them. Bringing sick kids is understandable even if it isn't healthy. They need to get to work, so bringing a sick kid might be their only choice. Especially if they're paying you more to watch their kid.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Well, first off I would call you to tell if you if my child was going to be there or not. and 15 a day is an AWESOME price .. and they should be thankful. I would call to say if I'm going to be late (which I've never been late to pick up my daughter and hope I never am late).
    I think you are right in going up on your price but maybe give them a week before you start charging more .. that will give them a little time to prepare for the price increase. Or maybe instead of going up, tell them if they are late or cannot call and notify you if the child will be there then there will be a fee ..
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• no I wouldnt thats a huge price jump with that being said you need to charge late payment fees or if their kids are there longer than they should be charge a fee for that too, that might help the parents be on time.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2010