Do you have to be sick just for your Hubby/SO to pick up the slack or help out?

It seems like a lot of women say that if they are sick then there SO will pitch in and do household chores and help with the kids.

In my home we are equal, everyday we split the responsibility of taking care of the home, if one of us is lagging the other picks up the slack, it's just normal. Nothing extraordinary, just what is expected. If he has to work I'll help him prep, when I go to school he helps me prep, it's no surprise, it's just what we do for each other.

So again do you have to be sick or be down just for your man to help with day to day tasks?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 9:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I grew up with a father that helped out all the time, and my husband is like the total opposite....it's hard to deal with, and it does put a strain in our marriage...very frustrating!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 9:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have to be dying to get help or unable to move
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• mine wont even then...
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Things are getting better, don't get me wrong, but when I'm sick I still do everything. He doesn't baby me, take care of me, or even help out with the kids more then he does. When he's sick .. Oh dear .. He's the biggest baby and he will not take care of himself at all. He whines worse then the kids do. Like I said, things are getting better, but my being sick doesn't change anything.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My hubby does not even pick up the slack when I am sick it just piles up for me to finish when I am better.

I am a SAHM and I think that it is my part of the deal to take care of anything at home. Including the outside. The only thing that I really want him to do is take out the trash.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yep us too -- my DH helps out around the house quite a bit. Now, I don't really like how he folds the laundry... and we have a different standard of what "clean" is... but from hearing about other women's experiences, I don't complain!!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• In what majickal realm does that happen... I would have to be dead for him to do anything around this house... I came home from the hospital with my third son and had to clean my house, catch up with the laundry and cook dinner.... yeah sure...

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010