did you hear/feel a pop when your water broke?

a couple people have told me this, so I was wondering if anyone else experienced it too?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did. I felt a pop and then I ran to the bathroom and there was a gush. lol That is how it happened all three times.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No, I didn't hear anything.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Only when I had a m/c at 12w. Other than that no, my water never broke until I was in labour.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My water had to be broken with a long hook thing. I did not feel anything. The worst part was being in labor so long. My dd was due mid February, I went into labor December 24th, and they stalled her delivery until January 16th. My ds was due in mid November, I went into labor October 10th and he was born on October 15th. I was so tired. The interesting part of my children's birth is that the hospital caught fire on both births. So it was just me and a firefighter getting the job done. Something I just found out recently that my favorite ex-bil and his new wife share the same birthdays as my children. What are the chances of that? I love my bil and his new wife, my sister was a really nasty piece of work. Sad to say about your own sister.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 9:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i didnt feel or hear anything i just felt like i had to pee, ran to the bathroom and it gushed
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 9:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Nope - I had a high leak so I just sort of dripped for a long time (not really fun at all)
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I felt a pop, like a balloon, when my water broke from my daughter. Then felt the gush right after.
    sheli2007

Answer by sheli2007 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Nope, not at all... It just felt like I peed a little bit.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My water didn't break until I started pushing my son out, as he was crowning the pressure from his head broke it... I heard a pop and a splash, literally. My mother, the doctor, the nurse, and my SO were splashed with amniotic fluid. They yelled at me for laughing when I was supposed to be pushing!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I did with two of my babies, and one miscarriage. With my third baby, he was blocking the fluid and it came out after he was born. It was strange!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2010