Should i get a blood test? or leave it alone?

Okay so last month i took two at home test (with morning pee) and both said neg. then my period finally came but only lasted 1.5 day...VERY LIGHT! So today it's late again 2 days so far. So I still feel preg and the past two nights i've felt sick when laying down for bed....so I'm kinda freakin out.

I was thinking about getting a blood test done tomorrow so do i call my ob or my family doctor? Also will they tell me that day or will I have to wait (and how long) ? Or should i just not worry about it and try another at home test and go with what it gives me???

TatuMama07

Asked by TatuMama07 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• FINALLY!! Someone asking the "do you think I'm pregnant" question who actually does the first step!! LOL Sorry, just had to get that in there!!

If you have another at-home test, or don't mind running out and buying one tonight, I would take that in the morning and see what it says, and if it's still negative then call your OB for blood work. If you are pregnant, you need to get started on prenatal vitamins and care, and if you're not, they'll pull you in for other tests to find out what's going on. Good luck!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Initially, your dr is going to do a urine test, just to be sure, if it comes up negative, then they will probably do a blood test. I had taken 4 HPT when I was preg with my first........2 came back inconclusive and 2 said no, I called the OB and they did a urine test which came out positive.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I would do another at home test. I used one from the dollar store. Positive in seconds. If still neg I would call gyn and go in for a blood test. they will still run another urine, but the blood test will take 24 -48 hours to come back. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I'd do one more at home test then if still neg. i'd call my OB dr
    marinewife52704

Answer by marinewife52704 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008