is it okay to go to bed mad at your spouse?

My SO and I disagree. I say it is not ever good to go to bed mad at your SO. He says that it is no big deal. In fact when he goes to bed mad he wakes up in a better mood. When one of goes to bed mad, I don't sleep well and I feel hurt in the morning. Is there a right or wrong answer here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• its ok to have disagreements, but you have to do so in a way that is still respectful of your partner. If you are the kind that needs to hash it out right away & he is not, then I would ask for a compromise. Take a break (say 20-30 minutes) then come back to talk about it in a calm manner. That way you both get what you need, you get to resolve the issue right away. he gets to recharge & think.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• yes its okay life isnt like tv and some problems if they are big enough you cant fix before bed. Sometimes sleeping on it does give you a better perspective.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It is not good on a marraige to go to bed mad at each other.
    SVSASHER

Answer by SVSASHER at 9:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I do not think that is healthy on the relationship to go to bed Mad/upset with one another. We have always made it a practice to work things out before we go to bed. I can never sleep good and neither can he when we go to bed upset.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• it depends on the fight and the person. Sometimes I'm still mad but I usually think about it before going to sleep and realize how dumb it is and not worth it.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I think it just depends on the person and their personality. It wouldn't bother me if we went to bed mad at one another, we have. Sometimes we feel better in the morning, gives us time to cool off and get over it. Or look at it from another perspective.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I think it depends on the person. Sometimes problems can not be worked out in one discussion or maybe you need a cooling off period.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My hubby and I could never go to bed mad... we always end up having make up sex after climbing into bed.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My husband will hunt me down and make it right no matter who was wrong or right just so we don't go to bed mad at each other. You are not promised tomorrow.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 9:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• DH and I took premarital counseling and were taught we should never go to bed angry w/ one another. Their suggestion to helping calm tempers down and find a solution to the problem is to take off all our clothes, then fight, because it's hard to fight when staring at your naked spouse. DH & I end up laughing, and we always find a compromise.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010