New neighbors.

The crackpot neighbor, who is moving to Pennsylvania, decided to make one last impression on the neighborhood today. I am beyond thrilled that she is moving. Someone has already bought the house in a foreclosure sale. The new people came by today to introduce themselves to those of us who were home. I met them, they are very nice. But, the neighbor who is moving got in between us and started yelling how I was some crazy veteran and that I could shoot up the neighborhood at anytime. She also brought up the fact that when I play with my dog in my backyard, I would talk to her dog in her yard. She actually videotaped me petting her dog (over the fence) and wanted to bring charges of trespassing against me. I don't know who was more embarrassed, the new neighbors, or me. Say an extra prayer that these people won't think I am bonkers. Yes, I am a disabled vet and am quite proud of that fact.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 9:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• God, more crazies in PA? I can't take many more! Ha. They all seem to migrate here- the cost of living is nice and low, lots of old folks... Meh. I hope I can get outta here soon. (Thank goodness she's leaving you though!) I don't think your new neighbors think you're crazy- heck, a lady yelling and getting in between you is weird, compared to her you probably seem like Normal Nelly.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I'll bet you're counting the minutes til she's gone!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• can you bake some muffins and bring them a welcome to the neighborhood muffin basket? im sure they knew what was going on to some degree
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Thanks for sending her to PA. We have enough lunatics without adding yours. I am sure your new neighbors will get to know you and see past her erratic behavior. Playing w/ your dog in the back yard is not strange at all. I have 3 big dogs I play with outside. I guess I should hope she won't be my neighbor.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• hahahahaha she sounds likea nutball. LOL at least she's leaving soon!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 9:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Her dd is going to attend a Christian college, very small, but I forgot the name of it. I think the dd picked that college because it was so far away. I did purchase her dd a gift for graduating high school, something she wanted/needed. Well, if you see a large woman with red hair and a Southern drawl driving a crap Saturn car, well you will know it is her. She is not something you will miss. I promise you that. She says it is cheaper to live in PA then AL. Um, no.  This woman wanted me to pray with her about her foreclosure, that it would go quickly.  Personally, the Bible says if you make a debt, you are bound to pay that debt.  She has a great job here, she is just pissed off because she has not had a pay raise in three years.  Lady, be thankful you have a stable and secure job. 

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Thank you for your service to our country. Hopefully you and your new neighbors will always have this day to look back on an laugh about.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• She said that all the people in Pennsylvania are more polite and more friendly then here in the South.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Wow, she sounds like a real winner. I cannot imagine having a neighbor like that. Good riddance to her!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010