Should I pay the cleaning lady more now that we have dogs?

My cleaning lady comes every other week. I do not expect her to clean their messes or anything, but generally the house probably has a little more hair and maybe it's a little messier. I guess I might be paranoid because I like a clean house, anyway, because we have more "people" messing the house do you think I should pay her more an hour?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• oh yeah I would dog hair is a major pain, if you want to keep her on i would pay her more how would you feel if yu had to do more work for th same pay?
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I used to clean houses for $10 an hour, years ago. Some people had animals. Some kids. Is it taking her longer to clean now that there are animals? Ask her that. If it's taking an extra hour or so to clean the same things she was cleaning, possibly??? It's not something I really thought about before.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I guess it depends. How long has she been your cleaning lady? Is she good at what she does? Is she independent or working for a company?Talk to her and come to an agreement.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Only if she requests it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Coming from someone who worked for merry maids- i would say yes-but it depends how much dog hair they create and how picky you are with the cleaning I guess and what you already pay.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I'd probably offer a small amount more, as a gesture of good will. I like the suggestion above, though, is she finding it more work or taking longer.

Answer by Bmat at 9:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I don't know if it will take her longer ... but since I pay her hourly I don't see how that matters I guess because if she is there longer shw will get paid more.
    kaylan010

Comment by kaylan010 (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• *that's true- you are paying hourly so if it takes longer then she gets paid for longer so it works out I guess
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My answer would be yes. It does take a little more work to get dog hair off of everything, especially if your dog sheds alot.
    kmty2010

Answer by kmty2010 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010