Am i doing something wrong?

i dont get it, my daughter gets fed whenever she wants to eat, and she eats how much she wants which is usually 8-10 oz or a full thing of size 2 baby food, she eats 3 containers of baby food and at least 4 bottles of formula a day and she isnt gaining any weight. Am i doing something wrong, is there anything else i can do to help her gain weight. She is 8 months old, she is 17.5lbs, and has been that for the last few weeks.... she is very active now though, climbs on everything.

clarasmommy08

Asked by clarasmommy08 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's more active, that's why she's not gaining as much. As long as she's not losing weight, or unless your doc comments on it, I wouldn't worry, I'm sure she's just fine!! But if she keeps eating fine and she's losing weight, I would make sure to get her to the doc. Plus, as they get older, weight gain slows down, they won't gain something every week.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Well the reason i am concerned is because she sees a brightstart nurse every other week(its through WIC) and she hasnt gained any weight since last time she was here. She is super active though. If she is awake she is in constant motion, lol she is even moving around in her sleep so she is barely EVER still. It just worries me that she was gaining so good and now nothing.
    clarasmommy08

Answer by clarasmommy08 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My son is only 19.4 pounds at almost 10 months and he's also 31 inches tall so he's long & lanky. Don't worry about it, there's nothing wrong with a skinny kid as long as they're healthy. She sounds like she's eating enough. Just as long as she isn't losing weight I wouldn't worry. Also, all the moving is going to help burn calories.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 8:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I think her weight sounds perfect... if she is eating well, don't worry about it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I think that sounds a little small. My daughter was born very small and only has 3 meals a day, she is almost 9 months and is a little over 20 pounds. She is very active as well.
    pookie_1228

Answer by pookie_1228 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 9, 2008