Anyone help with a bowel problem in child age 8

I heard about this thing that is related to stress. Where it affects the senses to the spine and effects bowel movements. I forgot the name of it and wanted to know if anyone knew.>?

mommybofanangel

Asked by mommybofanangel at 9:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Health

• try giving your kid some prunes or a stool sofer.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I know what to do we've been seeing a GI for awhile now. Someone made a comment and I can't find it about this (not disease but something like that) She said it came from a child being stressed out and something about the brain to the spine to the bowels. And I can't remember what it is called.
    mommybofanangel

Comment by mommybofanangel (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Ohhhhhh - I know what you're talking about (I think, pretty sure), our oldest nephew was diagnosed with it some time ago but re-diagnosed with other stuff that kind of ruled it out - ugh, I have no idea what it's called though or even how to begin looking it up - he was about 15 when diagnosed. He was sooooooo sick and went to so many doctors & specialists before being diagnosed too.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)? you can try Web Md or mayo clinic .com. I find they have best info and its easy to navigate the sites.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My friends son has a condition called Encopresis !
    Rosebuds2

Answer by Rosebuds2 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• the nerves that control the bowels exit the spine at the lower back this is a really neat model   http://www.chiromatrix.com/Chiropractic_Website_Spine_Simulator/nerve_chart/

there are a lot of names for a lot of things. sometimes optimizing health is better than chasing symptoms.

have you seen a chiropractor?

happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2010