Toddler and gymnastics

I want to bring my DD who is 14 months old to gymnastics. Most gyms start around 16-17 months, but the gym here doesn't have classes until toddlers are 18 months old. My sister is a gymnastics coach in another state and is really impressed by how well my DD follows direction (she does straddle, pike, butterfly with her legs) and she tries to do somersaults all of the time ... anyway my question is, should I lie about her age next month (she'll be 15 months) since she is a big girl? I know that sounds awful, but I thinks he would love the interaction with other kids and I would be there with her on the mats.

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would first ask them why they have that age guideline. There may be a safety reason, and you might want to find out what that is and weigh that in your decision.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• There are parent and me classes you can take until she is ready for gymnastics. My son and I took Little Gym or there is My Gym, Kids Gym. Check for one in your area.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would look for another gym in your area. Little Gym starts at 4 months.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010