My poor lil guy?????please read and answer...

my lil guy started crawling 2 weeks ago so he is still getting the hang of things well we where just outside and he was crawling in the grass trying to get from the grass to the side walk....well he sliped and bumped his head now he has a lump on his head....do i need to take him in or will some ice and love be enough this is my first so im not really sure....

excitedmomma2be

Asked by excitedmomma2be at 10:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just dont let him fall asleep...if he gets unusually tired then id take him to the er
    tlgifford

Answer by tlgifford at 10:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• call the doctor ... I'm sure they will say something like, keep him awake and make sure he is not showing any signs of illness or acting out of the ordinary.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Just keep him awake for a few hours and keep it iced still the bump goes down some. If he starts acting funny or seems to be off balance then take him in.
    MrsFlorzak

Answer by MrsFlorzak at 10:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• thanks girls....
    excitedmomma2be

Comment by excitedmomma2be (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• ice and love will be just fine as log as he isn't throwing up or acting funny
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 10:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Ice and love should be okay. My 2 yr old had the most major accident last week. He coasted his rocket rider thing down a very sloped sidewalk and literally bounced his face off the door frame outside. I honestly thought in those 5 seconds he was going to break his nose, knock a tooth out, or at least have a concussion. Amazingly, nothing. He had the most huge goose egg instantly, which is a good thing!!!! The line stretched down his whole face, forehead, nose, mouth and chin. If baby isn't overly fussy I would thin they are alright. Just look at the eyes to make sure they aren't dialated. Babies are made with soft skulls and heads for accidents. Look at all the babies who fall off of beds and such. But if you are worried, it isn't going to hurt to take them into the ER.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Just try to keep him awake and make sure he is not acting different or lethargic.

The Doctor always told me if the knot pops out then it is good. It is when the knot goes in that you have to worry.

I hope he is okay.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• AW poor mister! I hope he feels better soon!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• This is just the first of many! At least if it goes like it did with my son. I fell asleep feeding him when he was 5 weeks old and he rolled off me and hit the floor. After that trip to the ER I was more capable of dealing with goose eggs! TLC and ice should work just fine, but like the others said if he is acting weird or throwing up bring him in.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I think it happens with ALL kids. Just make sure his pupils arent dilated and he's not overly sleepy for an hour or so after. Give him lots of hugs and love and he'll be better in no time!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010