Do you have a good relationship with your MIL?

I am just curious, what is your relationship with your Mother in Law like? Good/Bad, Strained?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 10:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine is wonderful. I have 3 kids under the age of 4 and she drops by every other week just to occupy the kids so I can get some things done. She has done everything in her power to keep our marriage together when we've hit bumps in the road. I'm allergic to soy and she always cooks separate meals for me when I visit (she's Korean, so before I joined the family every dish she made had soy). My MIL is more like a mom to me than my own mother.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I love my MIL. She's sweet, caring, there to help when we need her but backs away when we don't. She's like my second mother!
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It's great. I'm really lucky, she's an awesome woman. Offers good advice but doesn't push. We go shopping, play bingo, see concerts together. And have a blast. A night out with her and SIL is a guaranteen good time! She's honestly like a 2nd mom for me. How is yours?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My ex Mother in Law is one of my closest friends. My current MIL is never going to be a part of our lives again, she is a useless woman that causes nothing but pain and such wherever she goes.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• banging head into wall

sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• She died before I met her, so I never had a chance not to like her.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We tolerate each other. It is pretty easy, considering we only have to see each other once a year.
    Kaelaasmom

Answer by Kaelaasmom at 10:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Besides some disagreement with the situation she is allowing in her home right now, I've always gotten along very well with my Mother-In-Law.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No I do not. I can't stand the way that she constantly informs me that I'm raising my kids wrong because of this or that then turns around and does EXACTLY what she says I shouldn't do. Also it's annoying the crap out of me that she blows all her money on stupid things and then calls me whining and complaining that she can't afford to pay her bills. I'm sorry I thought that the bills were more important than that new crystal angel that you just paid $100 for because "you just had to have it."
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Sure as long as I keep my mouth shut and just smile! She loves to tell me how she feels about things and likes to get on me when she's upset with her son like I had something to do with it. So I keep my place and tell her I'm sorry she feels that way and yadda yadda and we get along great lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 22, 2010