Duggars and chicken pox

Seriously with all of those kids they didn't get them vaccinated? In the next episode a bunch of the kids get the chicken pox ... not that the chicken pox are dangerous (most of the time), but does that mean that they didn't get their other vaccinations? GREAT almost 20 more children spreading disease .... any thoughts?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, just because they didn't get that vaccination doesn't mean that they didn't get other ones. I never had a chicken pox vaccination and I did just fine. While I'm all for vaxing, that's the only one that I don't really feel is totally necessary.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• thats those conservative religious views for you, We may not agree with their actions like having 19 kids to begin with, but to each their own, and I'm glad they are far away from me.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• As a mom that doesn't vax, I wish I knew who these people were so I could go expose my own children. I can't wait til they get chicken pox, the sooner the better. It's MUCH healthier for them than the vaccines ever are!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have a lot of friends who honestly go to Chicken Pox Parties. What is a Chicken Pox Party? It is where you go to the house of a friend whose child has chicken pox. You do this to expose your children and get the chicken pox over with.

Do you know that you can still get chicken pox even after being vaccinated?

hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I know plenty of people that don't get vaccinated or get their children vaccinated. I think it's a personal decision. I know kids that have had the chickenpox after being vaccinated. Some vaccines are very important and needed and others not so much.
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• like you know what kids have been vaccinated in every situation you or your child comes into?? right.
    aren't they homeschooled, anyway? so technically, they're not coming into contact with many kids.
    'those conservative religious views' can be anything, luvs. i've rather conservative AND somewhat religious..but i fully believe in vaccinating. how's that for your stereotyping?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i mean, the duggars kids are homeschooled, right?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Getting the vaccination isn't a guarantee you won't get the chicken pox. My brother and I were both vacinated against them and still got them. I just feel bad for the parents having to deal with a dozen itchy kids!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes, they are homeschooled which is just another reason people choose to attack them.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Not my kids so i don't care. I don't judge on ho others raise their kids. I vac my kids and if they don't it's their choice.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010