Chicken Pot Pie

Do any of you have a Chicken Pot Pie recipe (homemade) that you like? I want to make some and I've looked up recipes but I wanted to get some input here. Thanks.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 10:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cheesy-Chicken-Pot-Pie/Detail.aspx

I also add about 2/3 can of diced potatoes as well.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 10:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I bake a chicken and we eat it for dinner, whatever is left I shred and save for pt pies. I also save any drippings to make into gravy for the pot pies.
    For the pot pies I make my own pie crust. Put the chicken gravy, shredded chicken, frozen corn, frozen green beans, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar and a second crust on top and bake.

Sometimes I add some sour cream to the gravy. Also sometimes if I am in a huge hurry I will use a can of cream of chicken soup without the water as the gravy and I will also use frozen mixed veggies if I don't have the corn and green beans.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Boil 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast. Cut them into small square pieces, mix with a can of drained Veg-all, 2 cans of cream of potatoe soup, 1/2 cup of milk, salt and pepper to taste. Stir it up very good.

Put a premade pie crust in a dish, then put the mixture in, then the 2nd pie crust. Bake at 350 for about 20 min, or until the crust is golden brown.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Boil some chicken breasts for an hour, run them under cold water and shred them. Then, mix together the chicken, cream of mushroom soup, half cup white wine, corn, peas, carrots. Fill a deep dish pie shell with the mixture, bake for 15 minutes or so, however long the pie shell directions say. You can add a little sour cream once the mixture is done cooking, and you can also add more wine if you want, just cook it long enough to boil out all the alcohol.

Tonight I made a beef pot pie. 1 pound ground beef with some Greek seasoning and 2 onions, then drain it, add peas, 2 tablespoons or so of tomato paste, teaspoon of ground cloves, spoonful of minced garlic, 1 cup water, cook it all together til it's hot, then put it in the pie shell. It was so good! That was the first time I made it and it turned out awesome. I also cooked basil leaves with it and then took them out before serving. A bay leaf would have been better.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 10:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You can add rice or diced potatoes too.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 10:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Thanks for posting these recipes! Yummy!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2010