Does anyone have a Relationship where you don't get to see your BF often?

We have a crazy life right now and time is a big issue. We both have kids but none together. mine is 2 and his is 15. We have been together from 15 months and we used to have tons of time but in the past few months he had to move out because he got full custody of his daughter and he moved her to his moms to be near her school. so now he stays there. He also has two jobs and is in the Army so he is gone a lot. I also have a full time job. I guess what i am tryin to ask is (is there anyone that is going through something like this? I try to have Faith that we can make it but I just miss him sooo much and so does my son. Any advise?

jdpsmom08

Asked by jdpsmom08 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Stay strong and hang in there. Try to make any time you have with him as special as possible! Other than that I'm in the same situation as you. My husband is away on business almost constantly and I find it very hard without him.
    sarahar

Answer by sarahar at 10:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• my dh is a truck driver so yes i don't get to see him but 1 day a week and i'm working that day for 12 hours.
    bobo69

Answer by bobo69 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Mine works 225 miles away during the week & comes home every weekend. Our evenings are spent with each other over the speaker phone so we can catch up on each other's day and watch our fave tv shows together. If you have a strong relationship, all will work out just fine.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i guess i just felt like i was the only one in the world that can not wake up to the one i love everyday. Thank you for sharing and I also wish u all the best. I truly have faith we can make it I just have to stay positive!
    jdpsmom08

Comment by jdpsmom08 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My boyfriend and I have been together almost two months. We live an hour and a half away from each other. This is what's keeping up from moving in together. He's got a great job and could transfer if they were hiring where I live...It sucks but I know it'll work out in the end.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have been in long distance relationships and they never reveal the whole person until one person moves into the other persons area. But I do understand your situation for the most part, when I first married my husband he had a job from 6pm to 6 am. My job was from 8 am to 4 pm. My husband had to be out the door at 5pm because of the drive to work and there were 2 girls in basketball that needed to be at practice by 5:30 then there was also the baby who could be in daycare til 6 pm. it was crazy!!I
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• me and my dh have been married for 5 years, hes in the air force. the first 3 years of our marriage he was home almost everynight. 4th year he changed careers and went to a school in a different state for 5 months, than our base is an hour and a half from our house. so his commute and then his normal work day doesnt leave alot of time for us. than in apirl of this year he got a promotion and was put incharge of this huge inspection from may until sept he will be working 12- 14 hour days, most weekends, and he has spent at least a month out of state. the past 2 weeks hes been staying on base because he was getting home around 10pm and having to leave around 5 am. so me and kids have been going down a couple times a week to have dinner with him or lunch. but with his new promotion we know he will be gone more, he will have more schools he has to go to, its hard but we are making it work.
    koensmom22

Answer by koensmom22 at 2:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2010