does your SO always compair you to his mom?

seriously, my so is always saying how his moms food is the best...how she cleans the best, how she IS the best. i dont feel like i can compete with her. my food isnt ever good enough, the house isnt ever clean enough...ugggh does that happen to you guys? it makes me SO mad!!!!

bennysmom519

Asked by bennysmom519 at 8:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Sorry to say this but even if you were better then his mom at something...he wont admit to it..That is his mommy...she can never do any wrong...lol
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Don't worry about it too much...next time he makes one of those comments, just ask him if he wants his mommy in the same tone and voice you would say it to an infant. He'll probably shut up when he sees what a baby he's looking like.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 8:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My husband has never compared me to his mother. I can't see how he could. I'm sorry he's treating you he way he has. Suit up with a few come back lines. I'm sure this question will be flooded with them soon enough. IMO, mammas boys are not cool at all.
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 8:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• tell him it's time to pop the boob out of his mouth and grow up and act like a big boy.
    paralegalmommy

Answer by paralegalmommy at 8:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my husband did it when we first got together, and i told him that if he likes his mom so much, then he needs to go back to her. I WILL NOT be compaired to her. and since then, there is no comparision. To me, her cooking sucks, so i have no worries there. . haha she doesn't cook very often.
    Just let him know that your not his mom, and you never will be. you don't do things like her. and if thats not ok for him then he needs to back to his mommy.
    good luck!
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 9:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Wow, sounds like he wants to be married to his mother. I'm mean, if mine ever said those things I'd say something like "unless she screws better, I'd shut your trap".
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Once...only once LOL!!
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• The words have never come out of his mouth but i know he thinks it sometimes and his actions say it all. But hey if he thinks so highly of her then go back home and live with her and see of she puts up with his crap. it almost NEVER happens that way. so just ignore it.
    lovemybeba

Answer by lovemybeba at 12:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• That is so unappealing! What a momma's boy
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• mine doesnt realize he's doing it. because of how he grew up and how is mom just kept everything to herself and didnt discuss her feelings or make them aware she was mad or upset he expects me to be the same way. he thinks if im mad i should just keep it to myself or if he's mad he expects me to leave him alone because thats what his mom did when his dad was mad and to top all of it off his mom use to go to bed at 8 while his dad stayed up and played on his guitar in the liven room til 2am so im supposed to let him play video games til 2 am. i huess in away its different but i know his mom is the one that caused him to think this way because its how she was...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2008