Does your toddler cry when they get shots (vaccinations)?

My son has never cried or fussed when he got shots, except at his very 1st vaccination. The nurses always say they are impressed. I know they are being nice but I find it a bit odd that he doesn't even flinch. Is anyone elses child like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids all cried. My middle child was the easiest to console though and would only cry while they were giving the shot and for about 30 seconds after. The other two are howlers and carry on and on and on and on :p
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• DD had to be lead tested. The did a finger prick. I had to keep telling her to move her head back out of the way. She was so enthralled with watching the blood come out, LOL. Maybe she'll be a doctor and support her mom in old age.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My dd cries for about 1 min and then forgets. It makes me feel horrible!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My kids don't get vaccines. But we do the lead tests, and they ALWAYS cry when we have to do those... But hell, those make me want to cry!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• nope. they don't cry.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• She did up to about age 2. The she'd just hike up her dress and say "let's get it over with". It was pretty cute! She's never shed a tear over the finger pricks, which she gets every time she goes to the doctor. She just keeps talking and doesn't even seem to notice. After every shot, she'd always say "since I didn't cry can I get 2 stickers?" and would just be tickled when the nurse told her yes. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My son cried a little b and I felt horrible but we got through it
    starlit_kissez

Answer by starlit_kissez at 10:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My daughter does for the first 5 minutes, then she is fine.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 10:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010