Oh boo hoo, how can I watch the baby when I'm sooo sick!! WTF do you think I do when I'm sick???

My SO is pissing me off. I need him to watch our two year old tomorrow while I run errands (he doesn't live with us), but he says he's "sooo sick!". He had the nerve to say, "How can I watch the baby when I'm sick??" I said "Well wtf do you think I do when I'M sick? I still have to watch the baby!"

Why are men such cry babies when they get sick? They act like the world has to stop when they don't feel good, but we women are expected to carry on as usual when WE'RE sick.

**Yes I still refer to my daughter as "the baby"...I'll probably do so until she's 30!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• 1. My 2 year still gets called "the baby" too. lol

2. Why doesnt he live with if he is the other parent and is expected to participate in parenting? If you are going to expect that I think he should live there and take her when you are sick. Because I also think it is unreasonable to ask him to babysit while sick. You shouldnt have to either though so dont get mad at me. lol

3. Why cant "the baby" go? I take my hyper toddler EVERYWHERE. Good expieriances for her to learn.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Me and my girlfriend say the same thing all the time! Men are crybabies!
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 10:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• LOL
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My oldest is 33 and I still call her my baby. LMAO! You're not alone!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I totally agree! The world freaking stops when they're sick, but when we're sick...it's business as usual!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My husband is the same way... AWFUL, and he's "dying" every time he gets a cold etc. lol Dinners, cooking cleaning, whatever he has to do (when he rarely has to) is the same deal... "How can I do this when Dougy is running around??" How does he think I do it every day? I don't have a good answer for you, but I feel your pain!!
    CoffeyCrafts

Answer by CoffeyCrafts at 10:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Lol I feel the same way my DH does it too, he turns into a compete baby when hes sick, hes worse then my toddlers lol. BUt I'm still expected to do everything I normally would , which is pretty much everything by the way he doesn't help much, when i'm sick and get no sympathy at all. Men grrrrrr !!!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• my sister's husband will take off of work for a cold..and expect her to wait on him hand and foot...but when she is sick and no matter how sick...she has to still cook and clean and act happy or he gets pissed.
    I think it comes from moms babying their boys and the boys never outgrow the need to have that mommy
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• AMEN!!! lol!! my oldest is three and i still call her baby ;)!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I fmen had to deliver babies, there wouldn't be any.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010