Tips....

What are some life saving tips you could give to other mothers, as far as what to do when baby wont sleep, how to get out the door quicker, anything you have to offer that might help out a fellow mom get the job done eaiser!

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 10:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Keep a small diaper bag in the car for emergencies. Also keep and extra wrap/sling/carrier in the car incase you leave the house without one! It has been a life (and back) saver to be able to slip MJ into a carrier when I am going somewhere without carts.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 8:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• always keep the bag packed. When you get home, refresh any thing you used.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Set out everything for the next day, the night before. Get ready for your day before the kids wake up. Go out once a week by yourself, even if it's just for groceries. Try not to go grocery shopping with little ones! Have a goal, like "when my baby is 6 months old, I will start a new hobby". Don't try to be the mom you always thought you would be, haha. Relax. It's ok to make mistakes. Drink coffee. Don't feel like a bad mom if you totally freak out over all the responsibility.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 10:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I agree with loving.
    I would also add, keep a bag in the car with extra diapers, wipes and clothing just in case!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I always kept a small emergency bag in the car with wipes, a change of clothes and diapers for those unthinkable moments.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I bought my DD a snugglie, or warp when the baby was small, it makes the baby feel she's still in the womb. I use to rock my Gr-son and very softly sing nurssry rhymes and he'd fall asleep. Rock them while in a rocking chiar, or warm bottle if still using one. Sometimes it's easier if you have a bag packed with alot of necessaey things ahead of time, that way your not rushing at the last minute, and won't forget important things.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• 1. always pack snacks when you go anywhere
    2. keep kids on a strict sleep schedual
    3. Keep up with your home, and they will follow in suit with their rooms
    4. keep and umbrella and a stroller in the van/car at all times
    5. give your child tylenol before you get their shots
    6. get kids school clothes ready the night before
    7. keep all shoes in one place so that when you are ready to leave you dont have to shoe hunt
    8. when baby is fussy, have dad walk around and sing cadence...LOL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 23, 2010