What do babies get from wic at one year old?

I know it changes from formula to food, but what food? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just got my vouchers for my one year old son and he is receiving whole milk, bread, cereal, eggs, fresh fruits and veggies, plus juice. It really is just a supplement for your own food. And here's a bump for the great question
    starlit_kissez

Answer by starlit_kissez at 10:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have no idea as I've never been on WIC, but here is a bump. GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 10:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• we don't get wic anymore, but when my oldest turned 1 she is 5 now. They got milk, cereal, peanutbutter, eggs, cheese, juice, forget if there was anymore or not. I know now they have some other things. My sister's son is on it he is 2. I think they get bread now and fruit and I think even vegetables now
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I got 2.5 gallons of whole milk, 2-16oz. packages of whole grains, 1lb. cheese, $6 towards fruits and/or veggies, 2 boxes of cereal, 1 64oz. bottle of juice....and I think that was it. Oh and peanut butter I think. I didn't really need WIC after my son was off formula but they were persistent with me, which I thought was weird. Haven't used it in several months though so it may have changed.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Here it's 4 gallons of milk (whole for 1yo, skim or 1% after 2nd birthday), 36oz of cereal, 1-2 64oz bottles of juice (we have to choose between fruit or veggie juice), a whole grain choice (16oz whole wheat bread, 16oz brown rice, not sure of the other choices), 2doz eggs, 1-18oz peanut butter, we could get 1lb of cheese instead of 1gal milk but choose all milk, $6 voucher for fruits/veggies (fresh, frozen, even some canned are allowed).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I am not sure on what your state does, so I can't really tell you much of anything. Typically Number 1 foods and Juices.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 23, 2010