swollen feet?!!

I have super swollen feet, I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant and have never had swollen feet like this and this is my 5th baby and my 4th pregnancy and I have never experienced anything like this. I spoke to my doctor because I looked it up and said that it could be associated with preeclampsia and he said that it's probably not that I just saw my doctor on Wednesday and my blood pressure was fine and I'll be seeing my doctor this Wednesday but is there anything I can do for the swelling? I tried soaking in warm salt water but I'm still all swollen, I'm elevating my feet....any other suggestions.

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 10:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Drink plenty of water and cut back on your salt intake.

Make sure that the skin bounces back out when you push on it. If it stays pushed in for an extended period of time (a few seconds to 10 seconds) it can be a problem.

Oh, and try to keep yourself calm. Any extra tension, stress, or anxiety can also contribute to the swelling.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• The Doctor told me that drinking WATER, WATER, WATER will help flush the extra fluid out of your system. I would say that you need to stay off of your feet and drink water.

If you start getting headaches or anything I would be sure to go to the ER or Dr asap.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• ohhh ok.....wow will definetly do this and watch out for these things. thank you! :)
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• To much water can make your feet swell, along with to much salt, walking, and even to much sitting.
    Try if you can, to sit at least 20 minutes a day with your feet propped up on a pillow or the couch, rub the ankles to stimulate the bloodflow. best of luck
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• What PhoenixFire said.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2010