anyone have experiance with a 2 year in an apartment that has a shower stall but no bath tub?

I am looking to rent a place - everything about it is perfect. The main draw back is that is only has a shower stall - no bath tub. I have no idea if this will work with my 2 year old son. I know right now we could shower with him, but when he is three that might not be such a good idea.
Does anyone have any experience with this. What did you do?

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 11:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• You can get one of those big laundry type baskets (the hard plastic) or a storage tote and use that for bath time. Just put it in the stall and fill it up for him to take his bath in.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Naked is only a big deal if you make it a big deal. You can shower with him later than 3. You can always just stand there clothed in the bathroom while he is in the shower, too - do not leave him unattended until he is much older. Make sure you have a removable sprayer so that you can clean him all over. He can sit on the floor of the shower just like in a tub if he needs to. And he can use spray foam and soap crayons just as easily as in a tub.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We had just a shower stall up til recently with our one year old. It worked because we could put him in an infant tub, but it got to be hard on my back and knees to always be bending over like that. I wouldnt do it again.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:14 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I really like PhoenixFire's idea!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I had this issue with my last apartment, and my 2 yr old HATES water on his face, so I would stand on the outside of the shower, place him in the bottom with little water hitting him and turn it into a game, washy wash and whamo he'd be out in less than 20 minutes. gl
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 12:50 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Inflatable toddler tub.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:28 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Inflatable toddler tub is my vote, too. We got one we keep at grandma's. They are great.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My in-laws have a stand up shower only. The shower stall has a small basin(comes up about 3 inches). They also have a removable shower head. They give my son baths in it when he stays the night no problem.

I would try the toddler bath tub idea though.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 24, 2010