Why heavy makeup?

Ok, so I watched E!'s "Stars without Makeup" and I was so shocked they were dissing some of these women because I thought a lot of them looked GOOD without makeup! I think MORE women should wear less makeup and go for the more natural look.

So, if you're someone who wears heavy makeup -- why do you? My sister always wore heavy makeup and she didn't need it! Once, while applying mascara, I told her to stop at one coat, because she looked so nice and pretty with just the one coat. But no... she had to go and put on a few more coats and looked stupid! How do guys find this attractive???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Maybe because they like it?  I don't wear a lot of makeup, mainly because of my acne, but I've always liked the bold, dramatic makeup, especially eyes.  I also like the goth like look.  Those are just my preferences. 

SilverFire85

Answer by SilverFire85 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I don't think guys notice one bit, actually. I don't paint my face too heavy, but I use foundation and powder, a lipstick or gloss and mascara...my SO will ask me why I bother and tell me I look the same before and after when I can see a huge difference. People definitely overdo it though! The tanning is what drives me nuts worse than make-up. Someone needs to tell them "orange" isn't sexy!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My mom thinks it makes her look younger. She piles on the dark and shimmery eye shadow in several different colors (she buys the base color, the contour color, the eyelid color, etc etc) and then piles on dark lipstick.

I've told her MANY times that it makes her look much older and quite garish. She doesn't listen. She's always told me how beautiful I am and how lucky I am because I can go out wearing only mascara. Whatever, I only put on mascara because I'm lazy lmao. She looks great wearing only mascara as well, but I think it's a huge self esteem issue : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I don't think men really find this attractive. My husband doesn't at least. More natural is definitely more beautiful. Why do women want to look so fake? Men absolutely notice it.. how do you miss someone wearing a pound of make-up?
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• actualy i wear really natural makeup and very lite but if you see me with out it looks as if i would had worn alot you dont know the persons skin type and really bored som much gotta talkabout celebrities you know i got over that in 9 th grade
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 1:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i dont think i ever want to use a paint sprayer to apply makeup.... and a putty knife to remove it! ahhh hell no...
    katelynnsmommy1

Answer by katelynnsmommy1 at 2:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I usually go all natural but recently had a mary Kay makeover(total face),my husband said I looked the same!!! He too likes the natural look as do I. I think all the makeup hoopla is a thing of the past.Robin
    ilovecoffee95

Answer by ilovecoffee95 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• This is interesting. While I put on a lot of make-up, I know that when I am finished my make-up always looks polished-not caked on or anything. I can rock the fake lashes and red lipstick and not look like a drag queen so I think it really depends on how it is applied rather than how much. I can wear a very natural look but it'll still take me 30 minutes to do if I want everything put together. My husband says I look sexy either way. Bare face or made up.
    sugarmama01

Answer by sugarmama01 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I can't even comprehend this answer!!! It doesn't make sense (thanks to the run-on "sentences"). Learn how to use grammar and punctuation, please!

actualy i wear really natural makeup and very lite but if you see me with out it looks as if i would had worn alot you dont know the persons skin type and really bored som much gotta talkabout celebrities you know i got over that in 9 th grade

Anonymous

• i mean if you look at my pic im wearing everything from base to eye liner and it doesnt look like it your just pissy cause i told you that you really need to not be so in to celebritieslives shouldnt you work or have kids to take care of instead of worring about how some one wears their make up ???
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2008