kind of homeschooling?

Ok so my dd is 4 and i would like to get her prepared for kindergarten by doing a kind of home-school preschool program with her (we can't afford to put her in an actual preschool lol)...We get bored a lot at home all the time so i thought this would be fun as well as educational. I would like to have somewhat of a schedule set up because dd is not easy to change and she is very active and i think it is gonna be really hard on here next year to go from doing whatever whenever to being in school ya know? So I would like some examples of a routine that other moms have that include some sort of homeschooling lesson plan?? Thanks so much ladies!!!

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe do something like this? http://letteroftheweek.com/

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• that is a great website! can i ask what you think....how much time would you think should be spent doing the homeschooling vs housework and "free play"???
    momofone072506

Comment by momofone072506 (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• look on youtube for some ideas..
    I bought a teachers calender package at Office Depo ($30) and a Trifold board... and stuck the calender stuff, weather stuff, Color, Number & Letter of the day on it.. There is also room for verse of the day for bible stuff ....So in the morning we do a "morning meeting" (youtube it) where we go over the calender & all that stuff.. Then you can read a book.. sing a song.. sit & do a craft project that is learning oriented..
    It took some time for me to create my own little curriculum (more for me to know what to do, than for her lol).. I used a mix of letteroftheweek.com and abcjesuslovesme.com (id love to go to church for VBS, but we never do! so ill teach her some at home)..
    Every child is different. Sometimes its good at this age to rotate games/active stuff & sitting down.. so they dont start getting the itch to move & start misbehaving.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• we use to go to the library and different event in town along with daily lesson.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• OH you must must must look at this site
    http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/
    amazing woman there! she will give you TONS of ideas, she is who i got the trifold board idea from.. mine looks alot different, but it gives you a great starting point..
    As for time it depends on the child.. If they can do 30min at one time, then good.. but you can also break up "school time"
    Wake up. Morning meeting (only takes 5min). breakfast. read a book, sing a song that goes with the book or theme of the day. free time/clean. Do a craft. eat lunch. read another book. take a nap. enjoy an activity/educational game (playing candy land, playing Matching Card game) do a page out of a Preschool workbook (found at any store).
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• One of the most important things to get children ready is to do some group things so they interact in a group led by another adult. Find out if your locla library has story hours for starters. Also, if there are museums, farms, etc in your area see if they have free childrens' programs of any sort.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:52 AM on Aug. 23, 2010