Ahh so nervous!

I go back to school tomorrow. I just read on of my syllabuses online and this professor seems like a hard ass! Im a little worried. Any other moms starting school this week?

Morgs7531642

Asked by Morgs7531642 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in

• My advice is to just take it easy the first day. Don't stress, don't worry, just absorb what the syllabus tells you and go from there. the first day is the day where mistakes, being late, not having the book, can be let go so don't worry, take time to get it all together and just stay ahead of the work schedule.

Good Luck
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i started last week
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I wish....soon for me. Plan the work, work the plan~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Don't be anxious about a teacher you haven't met yet. You can form your opinion on the first day of class.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:32 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Think positive and good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I am sure it's hard not to be nervous. Just do your best. That's what I tell my kids.
    Good luck to you.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm not starting school but I wish you luck! A tip: Take time away from your home to study. Sit in a restaurant or a cafe and study there, where you won't be bothered by your kids, your SO, or anyone else. It will let you really study with a clear head. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If you haven't already have a calendar ready and copy the syllabus onto it for each of your classes. I put the due dates as much as a week before they are actually do (if it's a self paced class) that way if something comes up I have a little bit of wiggle room.

The good thing about Hard A teachers is that they are often passionate about the subject they teach which makes them a better teacher which makes the class more interesting to you. So maybe it won't be as bad as you think.

GOOD LUCK!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm not starting school this week (or anytime in the near future, lol) but my husband started his fall classes last week, and he had the same concern. One of his teachers is a lawyer, and she has very lengthy, specific instructions for everything and so far has been giving lots of work (both actual assignments and reading). My husband is just making sure to follow all of her instructions to the letter, and so far things are going smoothly!

So, my advice to you is: try not to worry about it! Just play the teacher's "game" and do things the way they want, and you'll be fine! :)
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 4:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• nope, but i will be starting the winter semester and not really looking forward to it!
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2010