Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support

How can someone find out if someone filed child support againest them?

Exp, My bf's ex says she did, But we have yet to see any papers stating, Is there any way to check? Anyone have any info? Please/Thank you

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • You can go to your local CSE office and check. But they usually get the letter saying you have been filed against within a few days. Unless they can't find him.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 9:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • They have to physically serve him papers. She cant just file and get a judge to sign it and if that happens then your bf has reason to object based upon civil rules being violated.

    Answer by legalmom343 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.