My baby has been head down since 32 weeks. I am now going on 36 weeks and the doc said on Friday that she is not head down anymore but laying sideways.

Has anyone ever been through this and did your baby go back down into head down position without the doctor having to move them into position? Just worried becuase the doc said that if she doesn't move i have to have a c-section and I do not want a c section. I have my babies all natural..... Thank you for advice.

indysownlilbit

Asked by indysownlilbit at 11:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Im sure baby will go back head out. gl
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• She is just rolling around! Relax and all with be OK>
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• she will probably turn. but iv heard that a c section isnt all that bad anyway.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• She might turn before you go into labor.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• She could turn back. I have had 3 c-sections (only one was planned and my decision). With our dd, she was head down till about 37 weeks then turned around. She tried to turn back about a week later but got stuck. My doctor had to bend her in half to get her out. Her shoulder got wedged under my ribs. One wonder I was in pain the last 2 weeks.

Relax she will probably turn around. If not then you may need a c-section.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My daughter was head down until 38 weeks when she went breech. So OB scheduled me for c-section at 39.2 weeks. I did everything I could to get her to flip. Ate sugary things, plenty of juice, went swimming, put my butt up in the air like a cat and wiggled it around... It was flat out embarassing but I was set on NOT having a c-section. Then for the last 3 days I laid in bed ALL the time... I did not get up. I could feel her going side to side. I knew she had room. I kept a ziploc bag of ice close to my ribs. They say babies will usually move away from the cold. Went in to the OB at 39 weeks exactly (which was the earliest she could have induced me) and baby's head was down! My OB was so amazed. She said she'd never seen anything like it! So she stripped my membranes and sent me to the ER to be induced immediately before DD decided to flip again.

I am sure you will be fine =) As you see, babies can definitely flip this late!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 11:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• This happened to me. My son ended up being transverse (sideways) and never turned. The nurses said that chances are, if they haven't turned back by 34 weeks, they won't. It's possible, though. I was terrified of having a c-section, but it ended up being a piece of cake. It's basically impossible to vaginally birth a sideways baby, so if you have to have one, you have to have one. Best of luck, and try not to worry! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Check out spinningbabies.com and work on your posture! A lot of positioning of babies can be corrected by doing simple things... not leaning back in a recliner, sleeping on your side rather than your back, leaning forward while sitting, etc. And walking really does help, because it jiggles them down into the pelvis ;)
    Danotoyou2

Answer by Danotoyou2 at 3:30 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Oh, and you can also wait until labor starts before agreeing to a c-section.
    My mother-in-law had her middle child turn at 43 weeks pregnant. He was born a week later, weighing nearly 12 lbs! She said it felt like a whale turning in her womb, but he did it. It DOES happen, and by just waiting until the onset of labor, you can often avoid an unnecessary cesarean.
    Danotoyou2

Answer by Danotoyou2 at 3:32 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Ask for a version. She still has time to turn on her own. Noone can make you get a c-section if you don't want one. However if baby is in distress I hope you will do whatever is best for her. Good luck!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:21 AM on Aug. 23, 2010