Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

What to do about crazy mother?

Ok, so I'm 20 years old, and my little girls mom is completely psycho. Last year she called the cops on me and said I hit her so I wouldn't be able to gain custody of my little girl.A month later I started seeing my current girlfriend who has really been helping me turn my life around. Well, the mother found out, and told me I wasn't allowed to see my child because she didn't want her around my girlfriend. This was last November. My mother died last June, and the mother of the child sent me a text saying "You don't get to see your daughter OR your mom this Christmas! HA! Hope it sucks!" and I didn't see her for 2 months. Then when he mother got a boyfriend, she would tell me to keep her on the weekends and when she "couldn't." Then in February, when I went to go pick my daughter up from her house, her and her sister jumped my girlfriend and beat her in front of their kids. Do you think I can get primary custody??

Answer Question

Asked by amylouu44 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 2 (6 Credits)
Answers (18)
  • I know I'm a male and it's cafe mom, but I really need help. I'm on my girlfriends login information, but here are a few more Well, I wanted my daughter on Easter, and she had previously agreed to it, then when the Saturday before Easter came, I was told I coudn't get her because the grandmother wanted her. I've been told that a lot. "My momma gets what my momma wants" is what she says even though it's my daughter. I'm not allowed to keep her for more than 3 nights in a row because the grandmother says it's not a good idea. The mother posted a status on FB saying "Ok i want everyone to kno that **** has one mother and that's me (and said her name in capital letters) she came out of my pussy and she has MY LAST NAME she's not no fuccin GOMEZ so yall dumb bitches need to get it rite so i suvise your ***** *** **** ( posted my girlfriends name in caps) stop sayin that **** and **** off" but we have done nothing to provoke this.

    Comment by amylouu44 (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • The first thing you need to do is contact an attorney most do the first visit for free, tell them whats going on and ask lots of questions, keep the texxts that this girl sends you to show how unstable she may be. YOu will at the least get court ordered visits and if she pulls the whole you cant see your kid thing the judge can put her in contempt of court and change custody. Make sure you are keeping a journal and write everytime you are supposed to get your child and she wont let you also hopefully there is a police report from when they jumped your girlfriend.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • It is really hard for the father to gain full custody of the child (as much as it sucks in situations like that). The best thing to do is record everything word for word. Save and print text messages, write down the times she picks up the kid from your house, when she picks her up late highlight it, if she makes you late for work, highlight it. It sucks it has to be done that way but that is the absolute best chance you have. File police reports when she becomes abusive with anyone, stress that she has a child to care for and could be endangering the child. Any marks, bruises, rashes, your daughter has come home with, take a picture and record it. If you feel she is neglecting her child in anyway, make a note of it and write it down. That is the BEST way to do it. Good luck. I hope you win.

    Answer by sake1521 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • Are you a guy?

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • did you report the beating? in most states asult in front of a minor is a larger crime than just assult. talk to a lawyer. if you can prove how she is i would say your chances are good.

    Answer by cassie_m at 11:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • I would talk to a lawyer.

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • itsallabtthem84 he already said he's a guy

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • mommy_of_two388, when I typed it, his continued part was not there. So no I did not see where he said he was a guy.

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • Get a lawyer and GET OFF FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Answer by 69humblepie at 11:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

  • You need to get a lawyer. There needs to be some set schedule that she has to follow. I'm sorry you're going through this, and I hope the situation gets better for you soon.

    Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.