Cecil B DeMille's The 10 Commandments: I remember someone saying that they love the movie because of how it accurately portays the Bible account. Do you think it does or does not?

69humblepie

Asked by 69humblepie at 11:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Thats the one with Charleton Heston right?

I think it has some accuracy but I would also feel foolish if I said it was 100% accurate cuz Hollywood stuff really rarely is LOL.

Its a good movie though, I always enjoyed it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It's a fictional story but a great movie.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I haven't seen it, but my husband was just asking me if I had. I'm gonna watch it soon.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Not really in some parts like when the people are worshipping the Golden idol and they are portrayed on the movie as horseplaying and dancing but really it was in the Bible that they were having sex with each other in massive orgies.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• are they gonna have a Buddha and Torah and Hindu movie too? Only fair.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Woe be it if our society takes their history lessons from Hollywood. As far as accuracy without any living witnesses or accounts written about it during the time of happening, accuracy is always doubtful.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 11:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I dont think its an accurate account. I really believe the Jews embellished their story. Archology today from Egypt PROOVES beyond the shadow of a doubt that the Pharos took VERY GOOD CARE of the laboreres who built their pyramids and temples. They were fed well, housed well, taken good care of. They were not treated like less than animals.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010