I am having trouble with my 9 year old having pin worms has anyone else gone through this?

Rosebuds2

Asked by Rosebuds2 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Health

• Pin worms is a very common problem with kids. It can be tricky to diagnose and down right embarrassing for your kids. Once diagnosed, you need to clean everything in your child's room and all the undergarments that your child wears. Everyone needs to wash their hands after going to the bathroom and before eating. you child needs to not put his hands in his mouth. If they are nail biters, try to help them stop. the pin worm eggs are usually found in sandy areas like playgrounds. Treatment is usually very effective. you need to get a prescription for an anti-parasitic. send me a message if you have more specific questions. I'm a microbiologist.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 12:00 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I haven't, but has she been to the doctor and gotten on medicine for them yet?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes she has but they come back after a couple of weeks! I wash her sheets and clean the house from top to bottom also I have a six year old and she has never had them!
    Rosebuds2

Comment by Rosebuds2 (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• She is a nail biter so I will try to break this habit. It has worried me to death because most people say it comes from nastiness and I am a cleaning freak!
    Rosebuds2

Comment by Rosebuds2 (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Aug. 23, 2010