If your children have penpals, I have a question for you...

My kids are just beginning on their penpal journey, but how should I organize the writing back?

I am not always able to drop everything when we get a letter in the mail from their friend, but often if we don't do this, and we have no set time to do so, it falls to the wayside. Also my kids forget what's been written before and want to ask the same questions (what pets do you have?)

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 11:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If they keep forgetting what they have written just make copies of the letters they send (they will also make cute keepsakes). Set up baskets for your kids mail so they each have their own "mailbox" and once or twice a week right after dinner or something have them check their mailboxes and sit down and write letters back :)
    sake1521

Answer by sake1521 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Do like the PP says and make copies. You can put them in page protectors and a three ring binder to make a diary out of the letters. Also have a set time each day or each week for correspondence. Just schedule a time and stick to it.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:27 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Thanks. Good idea :) We do keep the answered letters in a folder, to see what their penpals have written, maybe I should get those out when it's time to write.
    txdaniella

Comment by txdaniella (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010