sick child....

shes 8 and has a sore throat and a headache that is so bad that she is in tears. i just gave her tylenol but would you take your child to the doctor? she has no fever.

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 12:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would wait till in the morning so she could see her regular doctor.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes, I would call first thing in the morning and get an appointment (or call the doctor on call if it is really bad). It can be strep throat even without a fever.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:06 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• unless a system is down, i wait it out until morning. so if she can keep an airway open~she is going to bed~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:13 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If the soar throat isn't too bad I'd wait until morning but if it's so painful she can hardly swallow i would take her in now. For the headache, turn of all the lights, make the house as quiet as possible, and have her drink milk. Headaches can be caused by lack of calcium so if you have calcium tablets it wouldn't hurt to give her a small dose of calcium and it's an over the counter vitamin so it wont be a problem with the doctor. The milk will help the headache and the soar throat since milk coats your throat. Hot tea will also help the soar throat. All of this is just temporary pain relief to help get her through the night. She really should see a doctor in the morning to make sure it isn't anything more serious than a cold.
    sake1521

Answer by sake1521 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'd take her in the morning if she's not better. Offer some hot tea tonight with lemon and honey (decaf tea is great, won't hurt sleep). This makes a sore throat much better. Hope she gets better soon!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would take in the AM. Could be strep.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes, I would take her.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010