Why is sex now painful? adult content

Its been 7 weeks since I gave birth and I tryed to have sex and it hurt very bad.

JunebugsMomma8

Asked by JunebugsMomma8 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did you have any tearing or stitches? There could still be some inflammation due to healing. I hope it gets better for you soon. If not have another check up with your OB to be sure.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 12:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• you should give it a little more time and take it very slow and gentle the first few times.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:08 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i was like that and i had stitches. its going to take a while and lots of lube until it starts to feel better. if youre worried make an appointment with your ob/gyn
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:09 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Have you been doing kegal exercises? They help to strengthen the integrity of that area and get it back "in shape" for such activities. Hope it gets better for you soon!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:10 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If you had stitches, it can take a longer time. I found that i was kinda "dry" there for a few months each time, too. Lots of lube helps with both.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:27 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Are you breastfeeding? My doctor told me that breastfeeding causes the vaginal tissues to feel less elastic, therefore hurting alot during sex.
    jet360

Answer by jet360 at 2:42 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My daughter is a year old and it still hurts. Not nearly as bad but still slightly painful at first.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2010